Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Dirty talk

In my continued attempt to learn Nihongo (Japanese), in the mornings I like to listen to these audio files of conversational Japanese lessons called 'Pimsleurs Japanese'. It is quite easy - you listen, they teach you new words, you repeat, they ask you questions, you answer it, they do one side of the conversation and you do the other, it's quite good and easy to remember because of all the repitition.

But today I'm convinced that Pimsleur is trying to teach me dirty talk, because ALL of the conversations seem to revolve around hooking up with the opposite sex!

Allow me to give you an example:

Man: Nanika tabemasuka? Do you want to eat something?

Woman: Hai, tabetai desu. Yes, I want to eat.

Man: Doko de tabemasuka? Where do you want to go eat?

Woman: Anata no tokoro de. At your place!

Man: Hai, ii desu. Yes, I see!


Or here's another example, which I think must be a good conversation for prostitutes:

Man: Nanika tabemasuka? Do you want to eat something?

Woman: Iie, demo nanika nomitai desu. No, but I want to drink something.

Man: Nani o nomimasuka? What do you want to drink?

Woman: Osake. Sake.

Man: Doko de? Where?

Woman: Hoteru de! At the hotel!


At the hotel indeed! Sheesh, obviously these conversations are for people who like to go out and get drunk and get laid! Like Carla! Ha! Just kidding Yam.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

EEEEE-vil!

P.S you should have specified... I like to go out and get drunk and get laid by Japanese men only! Bwa-ha! Yeah right!

Anyway, we ALLLLLL know that you are the drunken whore here you humongous slut!

Those poor Asian men... they had no idea what they were in for when they let you in that country! NO IDEA!

Tantie said...

Look whose talking! 'Hoteru de' is probably the most useful expression on the planet for you, har har har.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing while listetning to Pimsleur's lessons on Cantonese. They had the exact same phrases!

Now, I'm starting to doubt their practicality since rarely do strangers use "anata"!