Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Coming in from the cold

Well this is it - I leave for Thailand TOMORROW! Extremely excited. For those of you who don't know, my dear old dad made a radical life change and moved to Thailand with plans to retire or maybe teach English to make a little extra cash.

Tomorrow morning I am outta here at 5 am and on an early flight to Bangkok, then a connecting flight to Phuket where we will stay for a few days, before heading to Koh Samui which is where my old man lives. On my way back to Tokyo, I'm spending 3 days in Bangkok by myself because even though I have heard back things about Bangkok - big, dirty, polluted, noisy, yucky - I still feel I should at least see Thailand's capital for a few days. But most of the time I think we will be on the beach, or zooming around on a scooter to see the sights.

But with beaches like this....



who knows if I'll make it back to Tokyo!!!

Well my dad has a laptop, so I'm sure I'll put up a few pics at some point. So, everyone, enjoy your Christmas holidays and have a great ole years whatever you may do!

Take care... ki o tsukette!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! Bob actually did it???? Shit! I remember us having that conversation on the way out to Pepper Village for that crazy hash! Wow!!!! Good for Bob!!!! Does he love it??? Whats the story! That is so awesome Yam! When did he leave? I can not believe you didn't tell me that!

Thats so exciting! I want to come too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

DivideByZero said...

You're probably in Thailand now so hope you're having a great time!! Make sure you finish your japanese schooling though! ;)

What will you do now that you've lived in Canada, Turkey and Japan and can probably speak three languages? :) I'm guessing it could be difficult to live in Trinidad?

Oh and I'm mainly writing to say that the pictures you took a few weeks ago of the red leaves near your house are likely to be Japanese Maples. We have one near work and it goes the most fabulous red. I want one for my garden!

Let us know how Thailand is.
Lotsa love,
D