Saturday, February 17, 2007

Tokyo Tour Guide

Exciting news!!! Watashi no chi-chi wa Nihon ni kimasu!

(My father is coming to Japan!)



I have many exciting things planned to take him around Tokyo, and also day and weekend trips to some other nearby areas with famous sights, such as, of course the magnificent Mount Fuji. We'll also go to the temples, check out some museums, eat loads and loads of good food, take a boat cruise in Tokyo Bay, and many many other wonderous things.

Also, the best part is that he'll be here in late March, during the important Sakura (cherry) Blossoms when all of Japan is bathed in beautiful pink flowers. Sakura season is the time of year when EVERYBODY goes outside with a picnic blanket and sits under the cherry trees and gets drunk on sake.

Right now in February is the time for Ume (plum) blossoms...







These pictures were all taken close to my apartment. The last picture is of Teruko-san, the lovely lady who gives me origami lessons and helps me practice Japanese. Anyway, ume blossoms are very beautiful, but apparently when the sakura blooms... well apparently it is just mind blowing.

When Bob comes it will be great to have someone to do the sightseeing with, because most of my friends here have already seen it all and done it all and don't want to do it again. But this time I can be both tourist and tour guide and have a travel companion to check all the things I haven't done yet. Awesome. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bob in japan i can see it now! is there a hash there? anyway, i keep saying it but one fine day i'll get there! and you'll be sick of showing me around! :( no carnival yam! i'm suffering!

SeemaS said...

What a great post! I am supposed to go to Tokyo this year and all the tourism seems to be about men for men, men samurai, men chefs, men and fish, men and gadgets, and I am a girly girl who is really at home in Paris and NYC. It is nice to know there will be pink and pretty things for me to do too. Xx